Online video content is still one of the most effective elements of a small businesses digital marketing strategy. As we enter summer of 2020, and the middle of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses need to get more innovative in their marketing approach and that means hiring a creative video production team that can help them engage with their customers online.
With that being said, we are going to take a look at some Interesting Video Marketing Statistics For 2020. Let’s get started:
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. That figure is up from 63% just last year.
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television.
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year.
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic.
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day.
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube.
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text.
- 75% of all video plays are on mobile devices.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video.
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones.
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others.
- Videos attach 300% more traffic and help to nurture leads.
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%.
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
- Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%.
- 25% of companies publish videos every week.
- 85% of consumers want to see more video content from brands.
- 97% of marketers say video has helped users gain a better understanding of their products and services.
- 52% of marketers say video is the type of content with the best ROI.
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%.
- 50% of viewers aged 18-34 said they would stop what they were doing to watch a video from their favorite creator.
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without.
- 64% of consumers will make a purchase after watching branded videos on social platforms.
Contact Muon Video
To learn more about the digital marketing trends to watch for in 2020, contact Muon Video and speak with a conference and event live video streaming expert who can answer any questions you might have.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.