As a social media manager, once you have identified the keywords that will help your customers find you through the search engines, you can create content to attract them.
What kind of content can you create to attract your customers?
- Blogs. Write blogs between 500 and 2,500 words that tell the story of your products, books, business and services. Writing a blog that you share with your social media network is one of the best ways to draw people back to your website. Post the link to your blog in as many places as you can throughout the social media.
- Photographs. Use your smart phone to take photographs that tell your story. Colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of content by 80 percent.
- Videos. Use your smart phone to make videos that you post to your blog and social media sites. 51.9 percent of marketing professionals name video as the kind of content with the best return on investment.
- Livesteaming. The top live streaming social media sites include Youtube, Facebook, Google+, Meerkat and Periscope. You can create live video events and invite your tribe to participate.
- Graphics. You can use sites like canva.com to create graphics integrating words and pictures.
- Infographics. Create images that integrate statistics, facts and images. Infographics are shared on social media 3 times more than any other type of content. FREE sites that allow you to create infographics include easely.ly and piktochart.com.
- GIFs, or Graphic Interchange Format. These are image files that are compressed to reduce transfer time that move without sound, for example, a rotating globe.
- Quotes. You can collect inspiring quotes to share with your tribe. You can share your own quotes or use sites like Goodreads or Brainyquote to find inspiring quotes your audience might like.
- Surveys. You can create lists of questions to inspire audience participation. You can create FREE basic surveys with sites like surveymonkey.com.
- Newsletters. A regular newsletter can be distributed through your social media channels. Use sites like Constantcontact.com to create email newsletters that you then post on social media.
- Event updates. Give your tribe updates on what is going on with your business, book or products.
- Recommendations. Based on your experience, you can recommend products or services that your tribe might like.
- Giveaways and contests. You can give away a book, product or service in a contest. For example, Goodreads allows authors to offer a giveaway of your book, thereby marketing the news about your book to potential readers.
- Testimonials. Post comments from happy customers with links to the products and services that they enjoyed the most.
- Opinions. Share your opinions on current events.
- Status updates. Post where you are and what you are doing. For example, if you teach a regular class, post your whereabouts to promote your event.
Need help creating great content to attract and retain your customers?
Sign up today to learn how to win the Game of Social Media with Catherine Carrigan and Ramajon Cogan at www.whatissocialmediatoday.com.